Gloria Swanson’s Potassium Broth
- string beans, chopped
- outer green stalks of celery, chopped
- zucchini, chopped
- few leaves Swiss chard, chopped
- spring or mountain water
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Measure 1 cup chopped vegetables per 2 cups spring water. Do not use tap water!
- Cover, cook in glass pan or pressure cooker, simmering until the celery is tender.
- Allow the broth to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate in large screw-type glass jars.
“‘Drink the broth every few hours, hot or cold. It tastes sweet, as all the natural flavors of the food come out. It’s one of the best cleaners I know.”